Monday, June 6, 2011

Discovering the Chop Hills: Ballyneal Golf & Hunt Club

From the moment I stepped off the 18th green at Pacific Dunes in 2007, I knew that I had to have more. Tom Doak headed inland to work with the Chop Hills of eastern Colorado to create Ballyneal Golf & Hunt Club. Throughout the years I have heard great tales of this walking-only course complete with fine fescue greens and a major focus on firm turf conditions and a demand for a solid ground game. Links Confidential will be heading out to Ballyneal in a few weeks to soak in the course, the caddies, and yes, a few beverages at what has been called one of the best 19th holes in golf: The Turtle Bar.

On the way out, we will be stopping at Wildhorse again for a "second examination" of one of my favorite stops along with viewing a site of a possible "Camp Links Confidential..." more on that later my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment